Speaking Minds

New Hampshire Debate

Right Wing discussion

New Hampshire Debate

Postby illinoismel » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:51 am

Well, well, well. No doubt about it, the Republicans on stage last night represented what the Republican party stands for. Repeal the right for gays to serve in the military, of course abortion and right to life entered into the picture, appointing conservative judges, etc. About the only thing going for them is when Ron Paul brought up the Federal Reserve is the one hurting the country. Almost all of them said they would listen to the commanders on the ground regarding troop withdrawl and Paul said he was the CIC and he would bring them all home period. Looks to be an interesting watch to see who emerges.
I am a proud supporter of Hillary Rodham Clinton
illinoismel

Re: New Hampshire Debate

Postby Tritium » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:29 pm

That may be what many of the Republicans in power stand for, but as far as I see it, Ron Paul is the only one I can feel comfortable supporting. He is against abortion, but doesn't feel it's the power of the government to determine if it is right or wrong.

Personally... I hate the idea of abortion. I don't think it should be done under most circumstances. But my thoughts are irrelevant. I shouldn't be deciding for women what is right for them... or wrong for them. I would be for state programs that offered services for women who are pregnant, but don't have the resources to make a confident decision.

If it costs me an extra $5/wk to prevent a number of abortions... I'm all for it... as long as the prevention measure isn't military or 'force' related. People have to make their own decisions, whether we agree with them or not.
"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.
Money is a good servant, but a dangerous Master.
Tritium

Return to Right Field