Speaking Minds

2014 elections

No politics here, just discussions about Government

2014 elections

Postby illinoismel » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:34 pm

Ok, so the Republicans have control......anyone have any opinions?
I am a proud supporter of Hillary Rodham Clinton
illinoismel

Re: 2014 elections

Postby retiredarmy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:21 am

Mel you knew I would reply didn't you? Glad to see you here again!

We know that the Senate was covering Obamas back and just maybe now we will really see who was blocking any actions.

I voted Republican this year because it has been obvious that O's policies and plans have not done OUR country any good. We have suffered way too long and stagnated advancement with inane executive orders. Most government offices are under investigations that have been stalled, again, by bullshit politicians.

I have hopes but I will have to be shown that the Republicans have earned the chance to improve our country's chance to lead again. O is already pushing his failed agenda by saying he don't care what the public wants he is going to do it his way!

He stated that he represents the 2/3 of voters that didn't vote! They had the chance to vote and didn't! Shame on the 2/3's! We, the voters, spoke and he don't like the results. Too bad! Maybe he should read the Constitution and realize he is not a King!

Just my humble opinion
retiredarmy

Postby illinoismel » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:13 am

I have just been so disgusted with the whole lot I have sorta lost interest. I didn't care for the O and made no bones about it but he is the POTUS and I have chosen to just be silent. There are many things I am not up on and therefore cannot render an opinion one way or another.

One of the things that bothers me is the health care issue. I can say from first hand experience I am glad the state of Illinois signed on. I have been laid off and was without insurance but because of this law, I do have insurance now and to be honest, quite pleased with it. Thank the good lord, I am going to be going back to work soon. So, why do so many dislike this care and why does the right want to repeal it?

I listen to the pundits talk about this election and I think they are full of shit. Why doesn't someone take a look at the issues that were on the ballot that drove out the many to vote. I know in this area there were referendums wanting millions to build schools and in one fire district a 40% per 100,000 tax increase for ambulance service. Living in a red area, my candidate for the county board was defeated because she was a Democrat and the Republicans voted in record numbers. Dick Durbin was sent back but Gov. Quinn was defeated. Why? He was doing a piss poor job and needed to go. It remains to be seen how the new guy will work out but he has picked a transition team that has some pretty good names on it including an ex-governor that was respected by all parties.

So, in other words, for the Republicans to claim this is a message to O is far fetched in my book. Democratic ideas such as raising the minimum wage were well represented by the people and this is not something the conservatives will be willing to go for. Shutting down the government is not an option to get their way and I have real fears for the next two years of gridlock because you know that is more than likely where we are headed. Republican controlled houses is not the answer.
illinoismel

Postby pcmoore28 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:45 am

I voted for every 3rd party candidate I could find on the ballot. I am fed up with both major parties.
Before obamacare, if you lost your job, you were eligible for medicaid; under obamacare, you now have to pay to get insurance and if your state did not participate in the federal exchange, you are screwed. My youngest daughter is 28 and is going to nursing school; she has no job and is eligible for insurance under obamacare with a monthly premium of about $250...she cannot afford that so has no medical coverage and will be subject to fines for not being insures.
I don't know what the solution is but hearing the voice for obamacare care saying that the stupidity of the American voter is what helped pass the law does nothing for endearing me to anything that the Obama administration does.
Hillary cooked her goose when she joined his team and Benghazi was on her watch. I am concerned that the two major parties have stopped representing us the people and instead are bought and paid representatives of the special interest community. I will not stopped being involved in the process but will vote third party every chance I get.

If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you are not a racist…
You’ll have to vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you’re not an idiot.

pcmoore28

Postby illinoismel » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:37 am

As I understand it, the state of Florida did not sign on for the Obamacare plan and this is why Florida doesn't have the same options as Illinois. I have a friend that is down there and his significant other had to undergo open heart surgery. He had a heck of a time with the insurance at first but now is quite pleased. I don't know what the answer is either but I am guessing the $250 a month your daughter was quoted would be significantly higher if it wasn't for the plan. When I was laid off I could have continued my insurance for a meager $850 a month which was more than my unemployment! Needless to say, as a property owner I prayed not to get sick.

I was just as unhappy as you that Hillary joined his team but I have since realized how much she learned as SOS. When it comes to Benghazi, I don't know that we will ever know the real truth on that tragedy. When I look out over the field of potential nominees, there is only one other that lights my switch and that is Elizabeth Warren. I can't stand any of the others and certainly could not get behind Biden. We tried to tell people he wasn't ready for the office and we were right so I have a clear conscience on that one.
illinoismel

Return to US Government