Speaking Minds

Ron Paul and 2012

Post Election 2008, Proposition 8 and other topics

Ron Paul and 2012

Postby illinoismel » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:31 pm

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Texas Rep. Ron Paul plans to announce the formation of a 2012 presidential exploratory committee at an event in Iowa..

Drew Ivers, Paul's 2008 Iowa caucus campaign manager, says the Republican congressman will announce his plans Tuesday at a Des Moines hotel. An exploratory committee would allow Paul to raise and spend money toward a 2012 candidacy.

Ivers says Paul also plans to name an Iowa campaign team.

Paul finished fifth in the 2008 caucuses and has visited Iowa seven times since. The Iowa caucuses traditionally lead off the presidential nominating season.

Paul is a favorite among libertarians and enjoys strong backing by many conservative tea party supporters.

Paul announcing presidential exploratory committee

Betty Lou, there ya go!
I am a proud supporter of Hillary Rodham Clinton
illinoismel

Re: Ron Paul and 2012

Postby retiredarmy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:05 am

The same old loonies again! When will they realize that they need new blood, without a record of pure unadulterated bs! They are doomed to failure if they allow the same old party cronies to control their nomination process.

I just fear that Obama will slide into victory for another 4 years and that will be the end of the USA as we know it! The same will happen if the religious right hacks get their way too. I just want to see some of those jobs that the businesses are providing with the give away money they receive through tax write off's.

Just today we hear about a clothing store just destroying unused, returned wares. You can bet your ass they get the opportunity to just write it off and therein lies a fundamental problem. Oil companies pay nothing and low income pay nothing and because I have a retirement I'm easy pickings!

Link to Tampa Tribune Article:

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2011/apr/26 ... urned-pur/
retiredarmy

Re: Ron Paul and 2012

Postby Tritium » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:50 am

Honestly, I think Ron Paul is the only Principled Politician to make himself available. I think it's even more amazing that this man has decided it's "All or Nothing". That's right, he won't be running for his house seat while running for President.

While I may not agree with everything Ron Paul says or does, at least I know he is true to his word. He has principles that are obvious. I think that if there is any candidate that could end the wars, it would be him. The others, I Think would stick with the status quo.
"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.
Money is a good servant, but a dangerous Master.
Tritium

Return to The Political Game