Speaking Minds

You May Have Heard This Before

Off topic threads and discussions

You May Have Heard This Before

Postby retiredarmy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:44 pm

Just watch, listen and then decide if you have heard all this before!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ZgQhnNRSuw!

Please feel free to pass it on to others.
retiredarmy

Re: You May Have Heard This Before

Postby tmocarski » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:23 am

The claim here is that Obama isn't working.

Stock market has gained more than 5000 points since he took office.

It is true that the debt has gone up, but economists point out that the largest portion of the debt is the cost of two unfunded wars and an unfunded drug program.

The actual deficit spending is still there, but it as been reduced from 1.4 trillion to 1.3 trillion

The economy has seen 30 straight months of positive private sector job growth.

The public sector has been reduced by more than 500,000 jobs.

One war has been ended and the second will be by 2014.

Millions of more people now have access to health insurance that they did not have before.

The unemployment rate has been lowered from over 10% to just over 8%.

Now none of these things comprise great strides, but they are steps forward. In short, yes, we are better off than we were four years ago.
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
-- Oscar Wilde
tmocarski

Re: You May Have Heard This Before

Postby retiredarmy » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:22 pm

No Tom I don't feel that the items you listed really lifted things up. Obama has put us 6 to 7 trillion further into debt than what Bush left him with and I don't feel anything good about a turn around. Part of the GM money is now building GM plants in China.

I cannot afford to invest because most of my savings are now going into cost increases across the board!

As long as jobs really don't add up to the real unemployment numbers I cannot believe what the administration tells us. The rates are not dropping in reality, they are increasing!

Job growth appears to be college educated individuals working for minimum wage and part time!

No wars have really ended and the idea that the terrorists have been beaten is a large, absolute lie! Ask those that die on a daily basis. And not because of a movie!

We were not told that the Ambassador and his protective detail (maybe?) were murdered in the streets and sodomized and we apologize? We can't afford to piss off the radical muslims before an election are we!

Healthcare will continue to be a problem as long as politicians are involved. I just received a notification from Tricare warning that "if I lose coverage" my costs will most likely increase because of insurance companies. I say no, thats because nobody read the legislation before they passed it!

No, we are not better off. I feel robbed each and every time I get gas! How does the price change at the pump before the fuel even gets into the storage tanks. Gouging and our government loves it because they get to spend all that increase in tax money they garner from the price increase!

My home is now less than 1/2 the value it was before! My doctors have already stopped seeing Medicare patients!

No, we're getting screwed and I am ready for Change I Can "Maybe" Believe In. I certainly cannot believe anything my old party tells me anymore so I'll make my statement at the ballot box!

Other than that I was glad to see you back up here, you stayed away far too long.
retiredarmy

Return to Chit-Chat