Speaking Minds

Where is everyone?

Off topic threads and discussions

Re: Where is everyone?

Postby retiredarmy » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:15 pm

Hey Blue glad to see you are dropping in once in a while. Just maybe we can get started back up again!
retiredarmy

Postby TrueBlue » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:01 pm

Hi RA !!

Maybe it will.

Glad to see you are still around too!!!!

I miss the people here. But life gets so darn busy/crazy. :read:
TrueBlue

Postby retiredarmy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:10 am

Well, being retired (2X) does help me bit! My frau keeps me quite busy and I'm involved with our local homeowners association (900 homes) along with all the honey-do's!

I'm still a mixed emotions guy when talking politics though. I think every damn one of them should be replaced and term limits placed upon them.

They should not have any kind of retirement system as they are well paid (for doing nothing) as it is and don't even have to join a social security, medicare or other systems as the populace must. They have their own systems and refuse to give them up! WTF? WE don't give them those perks, they give them to themselves! NO perks! If you don't do your job you get fired just like any other American would! If you do your job you have done what was expected of you in the 1st place!

The pols seem to want to disarm everybody because they are scared shitless but won't ever admit it! I abhor what is happening to America (and it isn't the typical gun owner but a minority consisting of mentally disturbed and cretins who aren't even looked at) and our military. it has become a model for equal opportunity rather than a force to be dealt with.

I could go on and on but most have already set their minds on a path they think not of where it goes! Friends of mine overseas, in several countries, say we are the laughing stock of the world. We no longer are leaders but but dictators who refuse to protect our own.

Oh well, sorry for the rant.

Have a great day,

RA
retiredarmy

Postby TrueBlue » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:12 pm

Dont worry RA, I have missed your "rants".

However I fervently disagree with you!!

I think term limits are UN-constitutional and a massive detriment to our democracy (whats left of it) AND our nation.

You want "term limits"???? We already have them, they are called................ELECTIONS!!!!

As for our elected officials making to much, its just the OPPOSITE. They are NOT paid enough.

I want an INDEPENDENT legislator doing whats best for the their voting constituency NOT their "corporate constituency which donates money to them for their VOTE!!!!!

Not only do these people have to provide for their families but they incur the costs of........running for election, travel expenditures, staffing, supplies, lodging, and many times the costs of renting halls for their meetings and offices!!!!

Do I want them beholden to "corporate" donors?????? NO!!!!!!!!

NO elected official has gotten rich from their government salary !!!! NONE!!!!!!

TrueBlue
TrueBlue

Previous

Return to Chit-Chat