Speaking Minds

Heavy heart

Off topic threads and discussions

Heavy heart

Postby illinoismel » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:17 pm

It is with great sadness that I am posting this today. Pitbull's wife, Shanna, passed away today. This was totally unexpected and he is devastated. She was battling breast cancer and had already undergone several months of chemo. She got up this morning and fell unconscious on the floor.

When you want to talk about how tough a woman is, this was one. Pitbull had been diagnosed with COPD and had been rapidly declining in health himself. Not only was this transpiring when she was diagnosed with cancer, but he then fell and broke his hip. While in the hospital, he fell and broke his other hip and his collar bone. She dealt with weekly trips to MD Anderson as well as tending to him and the fur babies. She called Thanksgiving morning to chat a bit and they were both doing well.

They had spent many hours on the road as a transport taking fur babies to forever homes and they worked extensively with the tri-pawd community after the love of their life, Trouble, had become one herself due to cancer.

My heart is heavy and sad tonight. Please, say a special prayer as I know she is getting ready to great the many whose lives she touched at the rainbow bridge.
I am a proud supporter of Hillary Rodham Clinton
illinoismel

Re: Heavy heart

Postby retiredarmy » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:17 pm

Our hearts go out to Pitbull for his loss. You must be close friends and that also speaks highly of you and what you do for the community and friends. Our hearts go out to you also!
retiredarmy

Return to Chit-Chat